RAMFEL are currently reviewing the way we work to reduce the risk of the spread of Coronavirus and to ensure we are able to continue our work as much as possible now and in the future with restricted movement and capacity. Below are the changes we are implementing;
- From 19/03/2020 our drop-in advice session on Thursday at our Ilford office will no longer run, this will be replaced by an advice line running each Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 am to 1pm – Please call 020 7052 5712 this advice line is only for new clients wanting to access services.
- Existing clients can call the direct line of their caseworker or email them. You can expect a response from them within 5 working days. If you do not have the contact information of your caseworker please contact email@example.com and we will give you the details. Please do not drop-in to our offices as you will not be seen without an appointment.
- You can contact us at any time through the website here.
- From 19/03/2020 our food bank will closed. We will be in touch with people who are registered with our foodbank and are receiving asylum support (roughly £35 a week) or lower to make alternative arrangements for support.
- We will be trying to work over the phone, online and by post as much as possible to deliver our services.
- If you have an appointment but are feeling unwell within the last 21 day please do not come to our offices but contact us by phone/email/through the website. If you need medical help call 111 or in an emergency situation 999.
- Prior to any appointment at RAMFEL, you will be asked screening questions to confirm you do not have any symptoms.
Call for home office to stop blocking children's rights
The Home Office has set a fee of £1012 for children to register as British. Many families cannot afford this and can lead to going further into destitution. The Home Office is profiting off of this and it needs reform. The Project for the Registration of Children as British Citizens has challenged the policy and there is a high court hearing at the end of November. You can read more by clicking on the PDF below. You can also sign the petition organised by Amnesty International here: https://www.amnesty.org.uk/actions/home-office-stop-profiteering-childrens-rights
We are very happy to announce that we have recently received funding from the People's Postcode Trust! This will enable to further our immigration support to people to help children regualrise their status. We are excited to partner with this funder and to be able to support more people!
The Real Change Collective
We are very excited to announce that we are moving into a new office in Stratford! We will continue to run services from our office in Ilford as well including the foodbank and drop-in. This move is alongside a few other organisations who collectively "The Real Change Collective." The Real Chnage Collective is a group of charities working to provide services to BAME clients including refugees and asylum seeks. We're excited about the new office and we look forward to working alongside these excellent organisations. The office will be open from the 1st of July.
The address is: RAMFEL, The People's Place, 80 - 92 High Street, Stratford, E15 2NE.
We are proud to join the #LiftTheBan campaign coalition. "People seeking safety in our country are effectively banned from working. As a result, many are left to live in poverty, struggling to support themselves and their families, whilst the Government wastes the talents of thousands of people. "
Sign the Petition Here: Link
Find out More: lifttheban.co.uk