RAMFEL are currently reviewing the way we work to reduce the risk of the spread of Coronavirus and to ensure we are able to continue our work as much as possible now and in the future with restricted movement and capacity. Below are the changes we are implementing;
- From 19/03/2020 our drop-in advice session on Thursday at our Ilford office will no longer run, this will be replaced by an advice line running each Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 am to 1pm – Please call 020 7052 5712 this advice line is only for new clients wanting to access services.
- Existing clients can call the direct line of their caseworker or email them. You can expect a response from them within 5 working days. If you do not have the contact information of your caseworker please contact email@example.com and we will give you the details. Please do not drop-in to our offices as you will not be seen without an appointment.
- You can contact us at any time through the website here.
- From 19/03/2020 our food bank will closed. We will be in touch with people who are registered with our foodbank and are receiving asylum support (roughly £35 a week) or lower to make alternative arrangements for support.
- We will be trying to work over the phone, online and by post as much as possible to deliver our services.
- If you have an appointment but are feeling unwell within the last 21 day please do not come to our offices but contact us by phone/email/through the website. If you need medical help call 111 or in an emergency situation 999.
- Prior to any appointment at RAMFEL, you will be asked screening questions to confirm you do not have any symptoms.